At Lionstone, we place high importance on transparency through the communication of our ESG strategy and objectives. We have developed the below ESG objectives, fully-integrated them into the investment process and are committed to monitoring progress and implementing strategies to meet our goals.
- Seeking to achieve long-term reduction targets for assets in our portfolios:
- Energy and GHG Emissions: reduce by 20% over 10 years or 2% annually
- Water: reduce by 30% over 10 years or 3% annually
- Waste: increase recycling rates to at least 75% over 10 years
- Seeking to continually and steadily improve sustainability initatives across our real estate portfolios through monitoring and regular reporting of building energy, emissions, water and waste within our control.
- Continually identifying low-cost measures, analyzing capital improvements and evaluating technologies to improve building performance.
- Pursuing Energy Star® certification for eligible buildings annually.
- Evaluating the feasibility of third-party green building certifications such as LEED®.
- Engaging with our identified stakeholders regularly on material issues
- Investors: Disclosing ESG performance in investor reports and providing regular updates on our LionShare ESG program
- Property Managers: Providing tools and resources to engage property managers on sustainability issues and encouraging the implementation of sustainability practices and measures
- Tenants: Encouraging sustainable practices by our tenants through the deployment of tenant engagement tools such as distributing educational materials, hosting events, and conducting tenant satisfaction surveys.
- Employees: Engaging employees by providing regular training including ESG topics, conducting annual career performance reviews, offering employee benefits and promoting health and well-being
- Community: Creating programs and hosting events that enhance Lionstone’s and our property’s local communities
GOVERNANCE & TRANSPARENCY
- Creating oversight and accountability through the direction of our ESG Taskforce
- Disclosing our ESG objectives publicly and reviewing and updating them regularly